Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rest Day in Montreal


June 21

With my dad released from the hospital and resting in a motel, I had a chance to poke around Montreal. I went and had the Big Plate at Schwartz’s Deli. It’s a massive plate of Montreal smoked meat in a diner that is straight out of ’64. Classic. Don’t forget the Black Cherry pop.

I went riding up Mount Royal and found Nicholas from Luxembourg.


Are you going up the mountain?
Of course.
I don’t know the way.
Follow me. This is my seventh circuit.

He told me I looked like a pacifist from Vancouver. He also told me to bring a racing bike to Montreal the next time I come. Racing bikes never get stopped by the police. Break all the rules. You’re fine if you’re on a racing bike.

I also found the best bagels in the world. St Viateur Bagel. You must try them.

No comments: