Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stage 12 Kenogami Lake, ON to Temagami, ON

June 13
140 km, 6 h 45 m

With place names the likes of this stage, you might be inclined to think we’re in Japanese territory. Not so. Even with a road named Maki Street. All of this pseudo Asian influence has me craving sushi. California rolls, how I miss you. Kind friend, I don’t know when I’ll see you again.

The summer weather coaxes a lot of motorcycles onto the road. I’m of mixed feeling about these motorized bicycles. Some I like- they are a lot like me, aren’t they? But they aren’t. Lazy, loud, and often too much attitude. Put one of these guys on a bicycle and we’ll separate men from boys. I found one of their hats on the side of the road, though. Finders, keepers.


Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell.

1 comment:

Kevin & Sharon said...

Was the "sheep go the heaven, goats go to hell" on the hat you found? Sharon and I laughed hard.