Thursday, June 7, 2007

Stage 6 Upsala , ON to Thunder Bay, ON

June 6
134 km, 7 h 20 m

A long ride yesterday, little substance to dinner, a 20 km ride to breakfast and gusty head winds made for a gruelling day. There was moaning and groaning and more than a few yells at the wind. I eventually got to Thunder Bay just in time for the rain to start.

Met Julien from Montreal riding his bike westward to Vancouver. He told me about couchsurfing.com- a website for accommodation sharing- we'll see if we can make use of it as we head east.

I got into my hotel room and Don Cherry was in the Coach's Corner on Hockey Night in Canada. Congrats to the Ducks. So long hockey playoffs.

My dad arrived at the same time from the bus depot- he came in from Dryden at 9pm. Had Boston Pizza and Robin's Eggs for dinner.

No comments: