Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stage 7 Thunder Bay, ON to Nipigon, ON

June 8
108 km, 5 h 34 m

My dad left Thunder Bay yesterday after a couple days of rest. He wanted to get a head start on the way to Longlac- it’s 300km away. He got to Dorion after riding through about 15km of construction.

He called me at breakfast and told me to try to get to Beardmore- about 180km for me. Okay. Once I was on the road, I didn’t think I could get all the way. There’s nothing between Nipigon and Beardmore, so at 5pm I decided to stay in Nipigon, armed with the weather forecast of west winds for Saturday. My dad got to Beardmore and I called Ev in Command Central to relay the news that I was staying in Nipigon. Husky Restaurant fed me the full meal deal- fish, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, salad and apple crisp with ice cream. Yum.

To the truckers-
All I wanna do is to thank you, even though I don’t know who you are
You let me ride on the shoulder, not wanting to bowl me over
(especially the wide load truck with the grader)

1 comment:

Nelson Boschman said...

So...are those song lyrics (to the truckers) waiting for a melody? Just curious ;)