Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rest Days in Ottawa


Before the trip, I told my friend Vania, Sure I can be in Ottawa on June 17.
She wanted to perform a few tunes from her album at her home church with her brother Tim on bass and me on drums.

After 9 days in the saddle and 1477 km under the belt it’s time for a break. We got to Ottawa just in time. No margin of error for foul weather or fatigue.

Sunday morning was a real treat. Vania, Tim and I led in worship with a couple of people from her church. And we got to play some of Vania’s songs too. Playing music with friends is a special thing. Check out http://www.vania.ca/

I’ve set a goal to give blood in all 10 provinces and I booked an appointment for my dad and me to donate platelets in Ottawa on Monday afternoon. Who should field the call at the clinic but Agnes from Vania’s church. Coincidence? I think not.

My dad and I spent two glorious days at the Levans house in Ottawa. The hospitality was amazing. We ate like kings and were treated like royalty. Blessings on the Levans.


You’re a shining star, no matter who you are
Shining bright to see what you can truly be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with the crazy levans family.

how's your dad doing?
I hope he's okay.

Debbie