Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Stage 17 Montebello, QC to Montreal, QC

June 20
115 km, 5 h 9 m

Trust is a big issue to the cyclist. You have to trust your bike, your instincts, your bicycle handling skills and traffic. When trust is betrayed, the cyclist always loses. And it only takes a moment.

We were making our way through greater Montreal. Through St Eustache, into Laval, looking for the bridge to Montreal. The traffic was getting heavier. My handle bars are narrow and I can fit easily between rows of cars. I love biking in the city, so I took off ahead of my dad. I waited a few lights down the road.

Two minutes. Three minutes. One more minute, and I’ll go see what’s happening. I was hoping for a mechanical problem or a puncture. Instead I got the wail of sirens. Dirty Laval.

As you’ve read already, the big bang was re-enacted. I saw my dad on the ground with the EMTs and police attending the scene. No broken bones, no pool of blood- these are good signs. I got out my dad’s ID and he took off in the ambulance.

The kind retired police officer took my dad’s bike in his van and I rode to the hospital. Found my way to emergency and the rest you know.

Ultimately, my trust is in Jesus. He’s in control and knows. Thanks for your prayers and interest in our adventure.


It's not up to you
Oh it never really was.

No comments: