Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stage 15 Pembroke, ON to Ottawa, ON

161 km, 7 h 47 m

Saturday, June 16. The final stage of part one. Nine days of cycling in a row. I think I can I think I can.

We got an earlyish start to the day. It was hot again and we made a few stops. The highlight was Dairy Queen in Arnprior. That is where the 17 becomes the 417 and we started taking back roads. Going north of Arnprior on the old 17 was beautiful. The Ottawa valley is full of farms with rolling hills and groves of trees. We came to the end of the old 17 and took some gravel roads that would connect us to the road to take us to Carp. There was one part of the road that passed under trees that grew over the road for about 200 m. It felt like heading into the Shire.

We stopped for dinner in Carp and then made the final push into Ottawa.

At 9:30, we arrived at the Levans’ house. Finally, a home to stay in. Hello home cooking. Eating at restaurants tires me out.


Stop and take a breath with me.

11 comments:

Sonya said...

It's been awhile since I caught up with you guys. Thoroughly enjoying the writing. Kids screaming...

Sonya said...

P.S. Did you make it to Ottawa in time?

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog from R. Kopp.

Sounds like you are doing great! I have a bit of a biking story to tell, as well...however, I will email it to you.

Say hi to your dad.

Travelling Mercies, friend.
love robin

Anonymous said...

BOOYA!!!

Anonymous said...

It's not 161km, but I biked to and from work yesterday AND I biked up Boundary Road.

It felt like 161km.

- robin

Anonymous said...

Kenton, great writing, looking forward to reading more. Tell John, he could be back at Camp Gracepoint helping to renovate the basement, we could use his help and enthusiasm.

Blessings to you both,

Rob S.

Anonymous said...

Kenton you are so god with words. I so wish I could have done a few legs with you. Maybe next time (if there is one) we can get the wasteds on boared.
Heard about your dad today - praying.
---Kevin

Anonymous said...

wow I think I used the Lord's name in vain. meant to say "good". I have a meeting with Peter right now - will ask forgiveness from the Lead Pastor!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenton & John.

Sure glad you were in my thoughts and prayers recently. Angels were working overtime....

Godspeed (zoom zoom)and may blessings continue to pave your journey.

Love Marlene

Sonya said...

Glad to hear the update on your dad. The kids still talk about "Uncle John and Kenton" and we prayed for you today.

Sorry about the (dense) question regarding your arrival in Ottawa...I was a bit thrown off by the posting date (19th) and the date you were referring to (16th). That's what happens when small children are around.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard an update on John yet - don't want to bother Ev. Can you post? We're praying here on Westside's prayer and fasting day.

On another note, Kevin is so god with apologies.

paul